Green drinks are a perfect way to incorporate lots of nutrition and flavor into your little ones diet. And if your little one likes this as much as mine does, there might even be a little left over for you!
It’s so simple and yummy! There are only 7 food ingredients and very little chopping!
Place ingredients in this order for best results. And here’s a tip for those busy parents … Place all the ingredients in the blender the evening before, and place in the refrigerator until morning. You may lose some of the nutritional value from the pre-cut fruit and veggies, but it’s better to have less nutrients than none at all!
And here’s the finished product, in a cute little cup that my daughter loves to drink from!
On this particular day, Akemi finished her share of the Green Monster. However, she was clear to inform me that she wasn’t quite finished yet! Gotta love it!!
GREEN MONSTER SMOOTHIE
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 large Gala apple (or other sweet apple), or 2 small apples, roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber (or regular cucumber), peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Maple syrup or Agave, to taste (I use a quick squeeze)
- 5-6 ice cubes (depending on size of cubes)
- Protein powder or Maca powder (totally optional)
1. Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until very smooth. Adjust taste as necessary.
2. Enjoy with your little one and feel great about what you are feeding your children!
* We recommend using as many organic ingredients as possible
This recipe has been duplicated from one of my favorite foody sites: http://www.ohsheglows.com